The Torments of a Single Girl

Mental anguish, torture and pent up horny feelings... oh my!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

OK am I being unreasonable?

My mum told me today that she wants to know what the dates are for the trade fair that I'm going to in July. That's trade fair as in only open to people who work in the trade. ie me, not her.

She also wants to know what hotel I'm staying at.

I don't want her to come.

And I don't really have any real reason other than this is MY thing that I have been looking forward to for months and I don't want her to come. Don't get me wrong, I love my mum and I like spending time with her but I just want to go by myself, it's my week not a mother-daughter week. If I tell her that she's gonna get the hump or say that she won't bother me and will just do her own thing while I do mine and the guilt trip is worse.

My solution is to not answer her questions and avoid the subject til it's too late to get flights or book a hotel and that's assuming her registration is accepted. Weak, I know... Still can't help but feel I'm being unreasonable but c'est la vie.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

1 Tormentors:

Post a Comment

<< Home