The Torments of a Single Girl

Mental anguish, torture and pent up horny feelings... oh my!

Monday, May 04, 2009

Carrie

I dunno whether I'm just a freak, (well yeah I do but anyway...) but I never found Carrie scary. I always felt so sorry for her. I guess I understand what it's like to be an outsider as I've always been one.

I read the book before I saw the movie because I've always been a big Stephen King fan (and just recently I've been introducing my Mum to his books and she's becoming a fan although she doesn't like his more violent books like Cell (which is one of my faves)) and it's always makes me feel sad and angry more than horrified. Not a lot of books translate well into movies but for me this is one of the good ones and I can forgive the artistic license taken to convert it to a movie. For once it doesn't spoil the whole thing but turns it into a new, and equally enjoyable story.

Needless to say I've recently re-read the book after picking up the movie in the dvd bargain bin.

Another really confusing book to movie conversion is Under the Tuscan Sun. I love the movie and have just started reading the book which is NOTHING like the movie. In the beginning I found it really hard to get into the book but I'm warming to it now that I'm about half way in. I can see the snippets where the movie has come from but it was a little confusing at the start.

Still a pretty good read if you can get past some of the wordy flowery bits. Just reminds me of the scene where she writes the postcard for a guy on her tourbus and he bitches at her that "the grapes even taste purple". Its written a bit like that.

0 Tormentors:

Post a Comment

<< Home