The Torments of a Single Girl

Mental anguish, torture and pent up horny feelings... oh my!

Friday, July 28, 2006

one motive: cater to the hollow

Took a trip to the library last night and got a couple of good books. One of them is There is a River: The story of Edgar Cayce. Interesting book so far, someone had recommended it to me after we were talking about him and his reading. Anyway there's a couple of paragraphs I'd like to share that absolutely killed me:

[p81]
To Edgar, who was in love and happy, the calendar and earth were all that turned. His heart stood still, afraid to beat lest it tick away into memory the wonder of her feeling for him.

That he loved her was not a source of happiness to him: it was a hunger which had constantly to be fed, and which could turn from ecstasy to torture if the supply of nourishment were cut off. It was her love for him that constantly thrilled him: that she did not tire of him, that she liked being with him, that of her own choice she chose his company above anyone else's, was at times almost more than he could bear. All his life he had yearned for things that were beyond him. He had become used to dreams that never came true. He was like a boy who had idly wished for wings, and suddenly found himself flying through the air.






[p97]
I think two people have to learn gradully to forget what each one wants, when they get married, and find out what they want together," Gertrude said. "And the best way to do that is to have children and let the parents train themselves not to be selfish by sharing the child and all the things that parents want to do for a child."







Feeling a bit melancholy at the moment and reading that sort of stuff just pricks my heart a little. While I try to keep those feelings at bay [because if I don't I'll drive myself truely insane] there are times when the ache makes my eyes water.

2 Tormentors:

  • At Sun July 30, 07:50:00 am, Blogger Lance Morrison said…

    Ooooooooohhh, the library? Did you really just go back for the books, or was there an ulterior motive?

    Did you bump into your 'old flame' from years past?

     
  • At Sun July 30, 06:25:00 pm, Blogger The Tormented Girl said…

    heheh a rather disappointing visit this time. I must have gone on "Old Wrinkly Codge" day as I felt like the youngest one there. Not a hottie in sight! Hence the lack of postage about it but... I'm planning another trip this week so I'm keeping my fingers firmly X-ed :]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home