The Torments of a Single Girl

Mental anguish, torture and pent up horny feelings... oh my!

Friday, February 16, 2007

really free as a bird

YEEESS!! it was a Sniffy free day today and OMG I couldn't do any work because I was soooo relaxed! scary really...

I know I made a promise to myself this year that I'd stop the "woe is me" posts but indulge me just this twice. Got some pretty bad news. Looks like the love of my life might have some sort of life threatening illness (no not Benji). M'Lord the most handsomest of all beasts, had to have 3 teeth out recently and had elevated kidney and liver blood levels so he's getting retested next week to see what's going on. In a way I'm in absolute disbelief that it's so close in coming after the whole debacle with Mai Pudi (who had leukemic bowel problems). But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's nothing. It's just going to shatter me if I have to put him down as well. But lets not go there just yet eh or you'll make me start crying.

You know ever since Lance's comment about moving to Canada I've had a Singles moment (one of my fave movies). I don't have to be here, I can just leave. One of the houses on my block recently sold for 3 times what I paid for mine. I could just go anywhere I want to whether it's Melbourne or Canada. I don't need to be here. I did my sums and even if I don't sell my house I can rent it out and it pays for itself. I can go anywhere, I'm not really stuck at all. Just in my mind I'm stuck. I had a whole bunch of flashbacks to my past last night. Flashbacks to when I was travelling around Europe, free as a bird. If only I could make a decision (and find a good job)......

Okay, feeling sorry for myself over with now, as you were people ;}

3 Tormentors:

  • At Sun Feb 18, 04:52:00 pm, Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said…

    You're coming here? When? Hurry!

     
  • At Fri Feb 23, 06:14:00 pm, Blogger Lance Morrison said…

    If you don't come here... can you take me with you?
    I've been thinking a lot lately about how I have always loved travel... but always put it off.
    I miss not having that wild trip to Thailand. I miss not backpacking across Europe. I miss not riding a camel in the middle east. I miss not sitting in front of the pyramids. I miss not volunteering in Africa for a few months.
    I miss.

     
  • At Sun Feb 25, 02:11:00 pm, Blogger The Tormented Girl said…

    DEFINATELY!!! I'll pack you in my bags and stow you away with me. You know maybe you should tag along with WLFG when (not if) she comes to visit? That'd be a blast and a half!

    And maybe that should be your goal for the year. TRAVEL. At least once. (And Australia is nice all year round!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home