The Torments of a Single Girl

Mental anguish, torture and pent up horny feelings... oh my!

Friday, November 16, 2007

I did it!!!!!!!!!! boy did I do it.....

I finally managed to get my head around that stoopid selection criteria yesterday (the day it was due) so I rang up the organisation and asked for an extension which they granted me til next week. I thought I'd show a bit of commitment and dedication and get it in today. So slaved away last night and tweaked it today, tweaked my resume and cover letter and tizzed it all up. It was looking pretty good and I was feeling pretty pleased with myself. So with baited breath I hit the Send button and sent that baby winging it's way through the cosmos and sat back in my chair happy, scared and exhilarated. I'd done it! Cool bananas!

Driving home, kinda riding on a scared high. Not quite believing that I'd done it. But yes, yes I have. Could mean a whole new start to things, maybe just the kickstart I need?

Get home, fire up the laptop and my mouse happens to catch the time in the toolbar and the little mouseover pops up the date. Friday 16 November 2007. 16 November... not 15 November as I'd put in my fucking application. Fuck fucking fuck x 1000000. Dammit dammit dammit. I'd fucking checked that half a dozen times on my desk calendar... which was still fucking set to Thursday AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!! Not much I can do about it now but I can't stop kicking myself... so much for that keen eye for detail I'd boasted about. Fuck.

Just hope they don't have a keen eye for detail...

Labels:

1 Tormentors:

Post a Comment

<< Home