The Torments of a Single Girl

Mental anguish, torture and pent up horny feelings... oh my!

Monday, November 26, 2007

Flirtayshun

It's been a weird sort of day today. I've had two extreme compliments from the top two bosses telling me how valued I am in this organisation. Wonder if they smell something on the air...

And hmmmm an interesting turn of events today. So let me just start with a little background first. I have a secret power that has been getting stronger and I need to be careful about using it. I can make things happen. I keep freaking Chip out with it which makes me laugh but I'm seriously going to have to be careful. Some recent examples... I sat down with my (then) boss and she says to me "so where do you want to be, what's your vision" so I laid it out, specifically, what I wanted. At the time I was couching it in terms of this is where I want it all to be in a years time. Three days later in an unforseen turn of events it all happens exactly as I'd laid it out. I couldn't have even engineered it to work the way it did.

example two. I discover that we need product xy needed to make product z work and I should have ordered it 3 orders ago. If we order product xy separately I'm going to have to pay for it out of my sections budget. I say to Chip "Right, I'm putting it out to the Universe now that someone will make an order for product z so that I can slip in product xy tomorrow. They will make an order tomorrow" Tomorrow arrives and I have in the morning I have a message on my voicemail from a client saying "oh hi, just wondering if you can give me some pricing on product z because I need to make an order?" Bingo!

So you get the point. I voice what I want and make it happen. You'll recall that I recently made 3 birthday wishes. New job, new boyfriend, new friends.

Well you know the story bout the job (still haven't heard from them by the way but I will. And of course I'll let you know when I start ;})

New boyfriend.... well there's been a little flirtation that I haven't been telling you about. Someone I see every day at work has been having little flirty chats with me. And it's pointed because people have started commenting on it in that he only talks to me and not to the two Hottie McHothots that I work with. No problemo, he's cute, he's funny, awesome occupation. No problemo. I've been finding myself thinking about him when I'm at home and just... daydreaming, y'know. So I sourced some inside intel on him on friday and found out that he had a girlfriend. Not only that but she's the daughter of someone at work. OK. Problemo. Oh well, I thought, too bad. Too bad for him! So I moved on to the weekend and tried not to feed that
little seed of disappointment that was there.

So fast forward to today (monday). I had a chat about him with Chip in the morning and offhandedly say to her "he should ditch his girlfriend, he doesn't need her when he could have me"... So fast forward to lunch. I head down to where he is testing somethingorather and I ask him how his day was going...

"mmmm okay" he says and he makes a face.

"well it is Monday, it can only get better from here" I tell him.

"Not when you're breaking up with your girlfriend" he replies.

ooooohkaaaayyyyyyyyy.....(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I told him I was sorry to hear that (I'm not) and my condolences blah blah and moved the conversation along to other topics til I had to go.

So my mind's awhirl with too many questions. So he's breaking up with his girlfriend eh? Wonder why? What prompted that? And why now (apart from full moon madness)? Why did he feel the need to tell me that when he hadn't even told me he had a girlfriend in the first place?

And now I've got those delicious butterflies of anticipation. I'd forgotten how nice it feels. Even if nothing happens it's nice to feel like this again.

and the new friends can be found via new employment and new boyfriend n'est pas? ;}

Labels: ,

1 Tormentors:

Post a Comment

<< Home