The Torments of a Single Girl

Mental anguish, torture and pent up horny feelings... oh my!

Friday, October 20, 2006

like sand through the hourglass...

Wow there's been so much going on lately hence the lack of postage. Let me give you the executive summary:

I'm hosting a Girls Night In next weekend which should be masses of fun AND for a good cause. No doubt some more fridge poetry on the horizon with a dozen tipsy gals in the house. If they do this sort of thing in your country you might want to think about hosting your own - great night in for a good cause.

My mum is starting to drive me nuts with the grandchildren comments. We had a mother-daughter shopping expedition last Sunday and we passed a cute kids clothes shop and I get a "oh I can't wait to spoil my grandchildren with cute clothes like that" and on the garden nursery row there was a very cute smiley baby and for the first time that I've ever seen my Ma goes up to the man holding the baby and asks how old and googoogagas as the baby then comes back with a "oh I can't wait to have grandchildren". *sigh* and a geeeeeez.... Not only that but she's still trying to set me up with that friend of hers. I've now copped a squizz of him and know a bit more about him and I don't think he's for me. But that didn't stop her giving me his business card [he's a DJ].

I seem to be ensconced in two mini-dramas. My good friend Chip is a walking soap opera at the moment. She's the sweetest girl but is a constant walking tangle. She split up with her long time partner a few months ago, which is great because he's a butthead, and is currently seeing an older man. An older man who seems to have even more insecurities than the last one and is repeating the last one's stalkerish/obsessive behavioural patterns. *cue the Days of our Lives theme music* Every day is filled with a new complex and intriguing event, poor gal. One of my work galpals is having dramas with one of our collegues who is head over heels with her. He asked her out on her second day in the section and she's made it clear that she's not interested and has said that she's seeing someone even though she isn't. He's starting to get really creepy and keeps dropping by for a quick chat so we're sending her flowers at work from a pretendy boyfriend on Monday teehee!

My mini-drama, a man I can't have. I've never been in this situation before so it's extremely difficult to deal with. We're so compatible and get on like a house on fire. I'm so used to going out and getting what I want [Benji aside] so this is a massive exercise in restraint. It's all so topsy-turvy and I seesaw between wanting to break my own morals and staying strong and holding on to what I believe in. I'm staying strong and not giving in to temptation, I can't give in because I feel too strongly about being involved with taken men but boy oh boy do I wish I didn't feel that way. It would be so easy to give in but in the end it makes me realise how much I want to be in a relationship again, to feel close to someone and have somebody to share intimate things with.

I floated the idea of moving to Melbourne with my bro and my Ma tonight and basically got the green light from them. My bro, as always, was extremely encouraging - no wonder he's my idol. He also played the devils advocate and helped find answers to a few of my excuses, he's good like that. He asked me a good question too - why do I want to go to Melbourne. It's a toughie to answer because I don't have a concrete answer. I've been thinking of going for at least the last 2 years, there's something that is just drawing me there. I'm not really sure what but I hope it's good. I've got a plan B so if it all falls apart I've got a fallback plan but secretly I don't think I'm going to have to use it.

It's scary now that it's becoming more real but so exciting at the same time. Looks like february is the go, yikes! that's only 4 months away! So much to do between now and then... I haven't told my Dad yet.

I'm really enjoying reading about WLFG's slowly (for us readers that is dammit) unfolding romance. It's the sort of thing that makes me believe in true love again. I just wish that any of the asswipes I've been with were worth a second chance. Oh well. Reading her blog is like reading a favourite book, I'm on absolute tenterhooks waiting for the next exciting episode to find out what what happens next. Damn wench keeps making me cry ;} And laugh, but they're the attributes of a truely great tale.

0 Tormentors:

Post a Comment

<< Home