The Torments of a Single Girl

Mental anguish, torture and pent up horny feelings... oh my!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

I'm aworkin on the railroad

Had a total chick flick moment today. Watched Under the Tuscan Sun and there were a coupla bits that just killed me. The one in particular that really had me howling was the very sexy Raoul Bova (Marchello in the movie) was telling Frances the following:

"Signora, between Austria and Italy, there is a section of the Alps called the Semmering. It is an impossibly steep, very high part of the mountains. They built a train track over these Alps to connect Vienna and Venice. They built these tracks even before there was a train in existence that could make the trip. They built it because they knew some day, the train would come. "

Crack out the tissues. That slayed me and I've been thinking about it all afternoon. Such a poignant metaphor. It's time to rebuild those tracks for me. A while ago I dynamited them to smithereens. Then went back and mattocked up each individual piece into a thousand more. Then splashed a bit of petrol around and set those pieces alight for good measure.

But how to rebuild, what is step one? Is there a handbook for this? Where's the Project Manager? I think at least being open to the idea of a new relationship is step one and I'm there, so the railroad ties are in. For the rails? I don't know what is next. I don't even know if I'm ready for rails whatever they may be. I think I am... but if I don't even know what they are and what is next am I really? I think I'm just going to have to leave it up to the Universe to tell me what the next step is. And of course now I'm impatient for a sign, typical me ;}

2 Tormentors:

  • At Thu Sept 14, 12:09:00 am, Blogger Lance Morrison said…

    Patience is a virture that takes to long to come.

    Sorry I've been away. Busy moving and still having computer problems. Trying to work on it, but I've got no time.

     
  • At Thu Sept 14, 09:06:00 pm, Blogger The Tormented Girl said…

    I love it! I'm going to have to put that on my whiteboard at work. Glad you're back Lance! Nice to see you're all settled in in the new place too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home