The Torments of a Single Girl

Mental anguish, torture and pent up horny feelings... oh my!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Tag.. you're IT!

Teehee I've been tagged! I love these things so here ya go: [note: most of these questions could be answered with Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett but that'd be boring so I'll dig deep]

1. One book that changed your life - hardest question first.

The Princessa: Machiavelli for Women by Harriet Rubin. One of the most empowering books I've ever read and I keep it by my bedside as my bible. If you haven't read it go to your local library or bookshop NOW!

2. One book you’ve read more than once.

A Dangerous Fortune by Ken Follett. I'm a big Ken Follett fan and this is one of my favourites. I've read most of his books more than once so I'm not sure if that counts. Or There's a bat in Bunk Five by Paula Danziger. One of my favourite quick and easy reads. Takes me back to my youth.

3. One book that you’d want on a deserted island.

The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe. One of my favourite books and it could keep me occupied for hours. [or Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet because I could read that a zillion and two times and not get bored]. But I've got this weird deserted island fantasy/fetish thing so I'd be enjoying every minute of it so I'm not sure how much reading I'd actually do.

4. One book that made you laugh.

The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole by Sue Townsend. Fuggin hilarious. Or Kaz Cooke's Little Book of Dumb Feng Shui.

5. One book that made you cry.

Cujo by Stephen King. This book had me absolutely bawling my eyes out. I really like how Mr King writes and I usually get really engrossed in his books and this one is certainly waaay up there but I've only read it twice because it moves me too much. The injustice of it all.

6. One book that you wish you had written.

The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco. Fascinating book and so well written.

7. One book you wish had never been written.

The House on the Strand by Daphne Du Maurier. Biggest waste of an hour I've ever spent, I could just not finish it and I usually give bad books half a chance but *yawn* not this one.

and I echo WLFG's sentiments regarding Dubya's future toilet paper

8. One book you are reading at the moment.

heheh but I'm not reading just one book! Currently reading a series of books based on Edgar Cayce's readings, the current one is on Reincarnation - really fascinating stuff. I'm also reading the Egyptian series of Wilbur Smith books.

9. One book that you’ve been meaning to read.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki - I borrowed it from my brother about a year and a half ago and have read a chapter and I haven't been able to finish it. Not because it's boring but because I keep starting other engrossing books and just haven't got back to it.

10. Tag five others that you’d like to do this meme.

Rosa and anyone who's actually reading this and hasn't already been tagged.

3 Tormentors:

  • At Sun Oct 08, 12:34:00 pm, Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said…

    You and I sound a little too much alike: I have The Principessa, and I love Paula Danziger, I remember reading her books when I was a kid and I still pick them up today.

    Oh and by the way - you inspired me to buy magnetic fridge poetry. How fun and addictive is that stuff?!

     
  • At Mon Oct 09, 09:07:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The book, "There's a bat in bunk five" the one where the girl from "the cat ate my gymsuit" is a counselor in summer camp or something like that? I love those books!!!

     
  • At Mon Oct 09, 05:38:00 pm, Blogger The Tormented Girl said…

    WLFG - heheheh I KNOW! I love my poetry, I'll have to pull my finger out and post up the newbies

    Common Girl - Yes! that's her - I think there was another one about a girl who is obsessed with a cupid statue made by michaelangelo and sneaks into the museum and stays there overnight. That was my favourite and I can't remember what it was called so if either of you have any ideas let me know! Off to use the Google Detective search... gotta know what it is now ;}

     

Post a Comment

<< Home