The Torments of a Single Girl

Mental anguish, torture and pent up horny feelings... oh my!

Monday, November 13, 2006

Hoppy Birdy Two Ewes

So a certain anniversary crept up on me last week. But did I get to enjoy it? oh no! I got some sort of gastro bug on the day... what did this mean to me apart from the obvious gastroenterological nightmare you ask? Well first of all, and most importantly I should add, this meant NO BIRTHDAY CAKE!!! That's just wrong! AND my favourite birthday cake at that - hazelnut cake topped with strawberries, raspberries and cream. And no birthday dinner... well we did go out to dinner and I puked twice but hey it's the thought that counts right? My sweet cat slept by my bed all night, too cute as he normally sleeps on the couch.

Spookily, not only was it my birdy on (Australian) 9/11 (so no one can ever forget it) but it was also the 9th year and 11th month, to the day, that I've worked for my company. One more month and I hit the 10 year mark. Woah.

The funny thing about being sick on my birthday is that it feels like a fresh start to the year. I woke up on Saturday after a feverish night feeling really charged, and actually different. Is that possible? I spent most of the afternoon cleaning the house and doing all the little things that I've been procrastinating on, getting my ducks in a row. I'm really looking forward to seeing what this year has in store for me, hopefully lots of goodies. I'm not a strong believer in numerology but this year is a 5 for me and that's a number that fits with me perfectly. Last year was a 4, obviously, and 4 is my unlucky number so I'm happy to put it behind me and move on to bigger and better things this year. I actually had to say to myself, out loud, I'm 32. I'm 32. I don't really have a problem with being 32, in fact I was so grateful to put my 20s behind me when I turned 30. Saying goodbye to the last 5 tormented years was absolutely uplifting. Anyway onwards and upwards!

Some of the presents highlights - a new balloon pump and balloons to further my balloon animal making skills [one of my hidden talents - I promptly made everyone in the office the animal of their choice, heaps of fun!]. The biggest, softest, most cuddliest indigo bathrobe you could ever imagine. I'm going to need a search party everytime I put it on and then they'll have to drag me out kicking and screaming.

When I was surfing for a cool pic for this entry I stumbled on the below which made me absolutely cack myself. ahhh I'm a sick puppy :]

0 Tormentors:

Post a Comment

<< Home