The Torments of a Single Girl

Mental anguish, torture and pent up horny feelings... oh my!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Woah.

I just bumped into my ex at the supermarket. Sounds cliche huh but woah has it spun me out. I like to do my shopping late at night because there's no crowds and I can walk around in peace. I'd just about finished up and was strolling down the frozen foods aisle and there was a guy perusing the icecreams in front of me. I looked at him and thought hmmm he's a bit cute and walked past him and he says hello. I say hello back out of politeness and then take a second look and woah it's Michael.

He looked really good, a bit scruffy but it suited him. He even looked taller than I remember him. We swapped the usual 'so what are you doing now' small talk and he's doing just about the same stuff. As am I for that matter. Sadly, in the 5 years since we've been together the most exciting changes in my life have been that I've upgraded my car and phone and my cat died and I got a new one. Sad sad sad.

Sadder still is that the first person I wanted to tell about this was you.

Anyway we went through the checkout together talking about old times - he asked me whether I still had the tape of his snoring. Cracked me up! I'd totally forgotten about it and I still have it somewhere. He was the absolute worst snorer in the world. Like sleep apnea bad. Talk about sawing wood. He didn't believe me so I taped him one night when he fell asleep on the couch. I woke him up because I was giggling so hard sticking my recorder in his face while he was fast asleep. He believed me after that. It's funny but I actually got used to his snoring to the point where I couldn't sleep without it. Got over that pretty quickly after we broke up though.

So we walked out of the mini mall, out to the carpark. We're by my car when he pulls me close and kisses me the most magical kiss and tells me that we were so good together and should still be together. Let me pull a WLFG here and go NAH not really. We walked out to the carpark, said it was good to see eachother and that we should catch up over a coffee sometime and that was it. I wish that he was worth a second chance and was my long lost love and worth my time but he's really not. We were alone together for a short time and we got what needed out of each other. It was a very odd relationship which worked for us at the time and I could never go back but it was still good to see him. Cathartic. [see the magic of being 32 is working already]

mmmm the new season of The OC is back on... you'll have to excuse me while I go drool over delish Volchok

3 Tormentors:

Post a Comment

<< Home