The Torments of a Single Girl

Mental anguish, torture and pent up horny feelings... oh my!

Monday, August 28, 2006

Erotic Fridge Poetry


Well I've been revelling in the sparkly white newness of my fabulous new fridge all afternoon. Of course I had to put back all the magnets and pics and jokes etc and while I was putting back the erotic poetry magnets I decided to create a new blog just for my erotic magnet poetry. So please visit
Erotic Fridge Poetry
to see the latest offerings fresh from the sparkly goodness of my new fridge. I've put up a few of the old ones as well and I'll update it whenever the poetry changes.

While transferring the contents from the old fridge to the new, I've discovered that I am the Queen of the Condiments. I have:
  • 4 types of mustard - Dijon, Seeded mustard with Tawny port, wholegrain and hot English
  • 5 types of curry paste - Sambal Oelek, Thai Panaeng curry paste, tikka, Thai green curry and laksa paste
  • a whole stack of sauces - Ketjap Manis, hoisin sauce, soy, honey and soy marinade, mint jelly, mint sauce, tomato ketchup, sweet chilli sauce, basil pesto, horseradish cream [technically the last two aren't sauces but they're sauce like, does that count?]
  • Assorted bits and pieces like anchovies, cornishons, cocktail onions, olives, marinated artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes
Can you tell that I like to cook and entertain? heheh let's not inventory the grog cupboard and wine cellar...

The other thing is that I'm looking for a word. It's the word for when you say something as a joke but you really mean it seriously [and usually the listener can't tell the difference]. What is that word? It's been driving me nuts all afternoon. A poem in your honour if you can tell me the word.

6 Tormentors:

  • At Tue Aug 29, 01:00:00 pm, Blogger With Love, Fat Girl said…

    Bonne Maman cherry jam & gorgonzola cheese on superb quality crispy crackers. You'll thank me, and your guests will cherish you for life.

     
  • At Wed Aug 30, 12:18:00 am, Blogger Lance Morrison said…

    Condesending?

    I'm not a word guy, sorry.

     
  • At Wed Aug 30, 08:35:00 am, Blogger Mood Indigo said…

    sarcasm? Or do you mean a word that you say out loud as you're in the act?

     
  • At Wed Aug 30, 08:10:00 pm, Blogger The Tormented Girl said…

    mmmm not quite sarcasm as it's more lighthearted and fun than that. And not as mean as condescending. More like banter or teasing but not quite either.

    To give you an illustration of a recent situation - my friend Chip knows that this guy likes her. He doesn't know that she knows so when they're joking around and he says that she looks delicious and smells delicious she know he really means it even though he's saying it in a jokey context/conversation.

    Or when I flirt with my coffeeboy and tell him deadpan that he's a super hottie and he needs to be my toyboy and he thinks I'm just mucking around but I mean it for real. Basically telling the truth disguised as a joke.

    what's the word for that?? ARGHH!!!

    PS. I'm having friends over tomorrow so I'll be trying out the ole Bonne Maman and gorgonzola - sounds divine!

     
  • At Thu Aug 31, 06:39:00 am, Blogger Lance Morrison said…

    I asked a friend who is an editor, and she couldn't think of anything off the top of her head. I'm not sure that I explained it right, butshe didn't know if there even was a word for what I was explaining.
    We'll keep trying; I love having dirty poems written about me.

     
  • At Thu Aug 31, 07:55:00 pm, Blogger The Tormented Girl said…

    Oh please do Lance because it's driving me crazy - I just KNOW there's a word for it. There IS, really!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home